Jackson S. Trugman
- Business and Intellectual Property Litigation
Jackson Trugman is a trial lawyer with significant experience in handling high-stakes matters. He has litigated a broad range of cases, including complex commercial, entertainment, intellectual property, securities, probate, employment, real estate, mergers and acquisitions, False Claims Act, and antitrust. He has counseled and advocated for clients through all stages of litigation in state and federal trial and appellate courts, mediations, and arbitrations.
Before joining the firm, he was a lawyer with Sullivan & Cromwell, with recent accomplishments including successfully defending a $100 million real estate trial and favorably resolving a $500 million bet-the-company contract and unfair competition dispute on the eve of a jury verdict. He was also a member of the teams that resolved a $200 million cross-border licensing dispute and prevailed on summary judgment in a $10 billion antitrust class action. Mr. Trugman started his career at Irell & Manella. In recognition of his accomplishments, he has been named to Super Lawyers Southern California Rising Stars for Business Litigation in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.
Mr. Trugman graduated Order of the Coif from USC Law School in 2013. At USC, he served as Chair of the Hale Moot Court Honors Program, and represented women serving indeterminate life sentences as part of the Post-Conviction Justice Project.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of putative class action that sought damages in excess of eight figures against influencer and entertainer relating to Instagram marketing campaign.
- Representing artist manager in dispute with production company, in which production company has alleged damages for tortious interference in excess of eight figures.
- Representing artist in breach of contract dispute over commissions under a purported management agreement.
- Representing artist in defense of multiple actions alleging abuse, and obtained dismissal and/or favorable settlements in several actions.
- Representing world-famous songwriter in partnership dispute.
- Representing artists in copyright infringement actions.
- Obtained six-figure judgment for athlete and entrepreneur in action alleging breach of contract and fraud.
- Obtained judgment for production company against athlete and related entities in breach of contract action.
- Representing multiple parties in derivative actions against former business partners who embezzled funds.
- Representing production company in resolving numerous disputes arising out of a significant debt owed by world-famous artist.
- University of Southern California Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2013
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- The George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.A. - 2010
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Economics and Art History
- California, 2013
Current Employment Position