Laurie Soriano is a partner in the Entertainment Department of King, Holmes, Paterno & Soriano, LLP. She represents major musicians, recording artists, composers, songwriters, music supervisors, producers, record companies, publishing companies and various others in the music, entertainment and digital fields. She also represents a number of non-entertainment brands in their transactions that relate to the entertainment industry. Ms. Soriano focuses primarily on contract negotiations and troubleshooting for her clients and acts as the general legal advisor to a multitude of creative individuals and companies.
Ms. Soriano started her career at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, where as a partner in the firm she served as the Head of the firm's Music Department and Co-Chair of the firm's Entertainment Industry Practice Group.
Ms. Soriano has written and spoken extensively on entertainment and marketing topics.
Ms. Soriano received undergraduate degrees from the University of Pennsylvania (BA in English from the College of Arts and Sciences, and BS in Economics with concentration in marketing from the Wharton School of Business). In 1986, she received her law degree from the University of California, Davis, where she served as the Editor-in-Chief of the UC Davis Law Review and was admitted to the Order of the Coif. After graduation she served as a law clerk to Hon. Harry Pregerson of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- J.D. - 1986
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1983
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: with Honors in English
- College of Arts and Sciences, Wharton School Of Business
- B.S. - 1983
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Economics
- Minor: Marketing
- California, 1986
Current Employment Position
- Member, Board of Directors of SoundExchange
- Member and Chair, Entertainment Law Initiative Executive Committee
- U.C. Davis School of Law – Distinguished Alumni Award
- Designated as “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Billboard Magazine, Women in Music List
- Billboard Magazine, Top Music Lawyers List